Thanks for Taking Part in #GIS10_BASF
Friday, February 12, 2010
by Thavy Staal
Golf Industry Show in San Diego
This year’s new two-day Golf Industry Show schedule was an enjoyable whirlwind of great San Diego weather, exceptional turf education and meaningful relationship building with golf course superintendents, distributors and industry partners.
The BASF Professional Turf & Ornamentals team greatly appreciated seeing so many new and old faces at this year’s activities. A big “thank you” to our BASF booth visitors for taking time to learn about our products and people, as well as taking part in booth events.
GIS BASF Booth Highlights:
- 100 attendees started their morning off with BASF and a Starbucks coffee card.
- John Swoyer, golf course superintendent of New York state’s Shorewood Country Club, won iPod Touch from BASF GIS Survey Kiosk.
- 60 golf course superintendents met Thomas Nikolai, Ph.D., and received a signed copy of his “The Superintendent’s Guide to Green Speed Management” book.
- 18 golf course superintendents won more than $10,000 in combined cash prizes playing BASF Superintendent Thousandaire rounds.
- More than 350 attendees visited the BASF booth for photos, autographs and an audience Q&A with special guest Coach Mike Ditka.
- More than $5,200 in total funds were raised by BASF Media Thousandaire for Charity contestants Larry Aylward, Golfdom; Seth Jones, Golf Course Management; and Pat Jones, Golf Course Industry.
Leave a blog comment below, tweet @BASFTurf_us or send us an e-mail and tell us what you thought of the show and our BASF booth events.
If you’d like to learn more about BASF products, contact your BASF Professional Turf & Ornamentals sales specialist here.