Friday, March 11, 2011
by Michael Kropp
Snow mold recommendation
I'm hearing that golf course superintendents are getting great results from the Spokane, Wash., markets for snow mold by using 2 oz. Trinity® fungicide, and full rate of Daconil® fungicide.
Intrinsic™ brand fungicides launch in California
Fred Eckert, myself and the marketing team are gearing up for the California launch of Intrinsic™ brand fungicides. Fred and I are looking at some university cooperators, along with Todd Burkdoll, our West Coast Tech Specialist to speak at launch meetings in California.
I am looking at 4-5 stops in the State. Maybe San Diego, Los Angeles, Dinuba, Bay Area, and Sacramento. Stay tuned to find out where later this spring.
Peaks & Prairies GCSA meeting
At a Peaks & Prairies GCSA meeting we had 3 USGA speakers, and the editor of Golf Week, Bradley Klein, speak to the group. He talked about what superintendents can do in the changing environment. His words were very universal, and thought you all may find a nugget for your own life in his topics. Ways to adapt to the new golf market:
- Be honest with yourself and your management.
- Seek honest criticism from respected colleagues.
- Be project oriented.
- Go get naturalized.
- Inspire your staff to be great.
- Have a five year plan.
- Have a plan B for your plan A.
- Learn to get away from work.
- Don't be afraid of people who are smarter than you.
- Deepen a basic core competence.
- Broaden your skill set from there.
Michael J Kropp
Senior Sales Specialist