BASF Turf Disease Control App
BASF Turf Disease Control Mobile and Desktop Web Application
About the App: BASF Turf Disease Control—the newly launched Web app from BASF Professional Turf & Ornamentals, gives U.S. golf course superintendents immediate access to free, comprehensive disease control program recommendations specific to Northeast, Midwest, Transition and Southern regions and turf types.
In addition to helping superintendents control known diseases, the app helps predict diseases based on the time of year or, in the case of the Southern region, based on soil temperature. It then recommends fungicide applications, timing and rates from Kyle Miller and Kathie Kalmowitz, Ph.D., the BASF Professional Turf & Ornamentals Technical Specialists who developed the disease programs.
Options for Accessing the App on a Mobile or Desktop Browser:
- VIA DIRECT LINK: Users can directly link to and bookmark www.BASFTurfDiseaseControl.com on a mobile device, such as the iPhone®, Android® and Blackberry®, or desktop browser.
- VIA BLOG ICON: Users can visit www.BASFTurfTalk.com and click the app icon on the homepage using a mobile or desktop device. The Web app icon on the blog home page will launch the tool from most desktop browsers; however, Internet Explorer 7 or higher is required for full application functionality.
NOTE: The app is free to use and bookmark. It does not require downloading. App updates will be made in real-time as new information and recommendations become available.
Watch the Video Tutorial: Our approximate two-minute, step-by-step instructional video details how to access the appropriate fungicide recommendation.
Tips for Bookmarking the Mobile App: Bookmarking the app on a mobile device is the most effective way to routinely access BASF Turf Disease Control recommendations on-the-go. Follow these quick tips for bookmarking, or reference your device’s user handbook:
- Start by opening your mobile Web application browser.
- Type www.basfturfdiseasecontrol.com into the address bar.
- iPhone: Touch the “Plus (+)
- Android: Touch the bookmark “Star ( )” symbol on the right side of the display.
- Blackberry: Press the “Menu” key; then click “Add Bookmark.”
Comments and feedback about the tool? Let us know!
Your input will help us continually evolve the BASF Turf Disease Control app. For feedback or technical difficulties, visit our contact page